Player/Coach Deaths

AutographAmy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Sorry I shouldn’t have used that word but there’s no need to make an assumption that this is or was “an attempt at a political statement” on my part. It was merely an addition to the cause of Seaver’s death as announced by the family. It was not just Covid. How does that lead to a political statement?

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Sorry I shouldn’t have used that word but there’s no need to make an assumption that this is or was “an attempt at a political statement” on my part. It was merely an addition to the cause of Seaver’s death as announced by the family. It was not just Covid. How does that lead to a political statement?
He didn't make an assumption, he said he wasn't sure. It wasn't an addition, it was stated in the original post and also stated in the story linked to the original post.

Tom Seaver , 75 years young dead of Lyme disease and dementia
He spent the remainder of his life at his home in California, reportedly dying peacefully in his sleep of complications of Lewy body dementia and COVID-19. The New York Daily News reported that Lyme disease also played a part in his death.

djauwerda

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
My condolences to djauwerda as he has lost one of his teams hero's of history in Gale Sayers
RIP Gale
He hadn't been doing well for awhile. But yes, a franchise icon is gone. I'm sure Brian Piccolo was there to give him a massive hug.

Also, saw on social media today that Jay Johnstone passed away on Saturday (9/26). His son posted.

Mainer1991

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
2019 Panini Stars and Stripes Austin Martin
Rest in Peace.

I also should add - Paul Pettit, who passed away in late September. Baseball's first six-figure bonus baby, and I was fortunate enough to get him TTM a couple months ago. Excellent article about him here that talks about how he still loved receiving fan mail.

adiddle

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
2019 Panini Stars and Stripes Pete-Crow Armstrong
I was considering one of his signings not long ago. RIP
I think I mentioned on here that since I like to read books I try to get the authors to sign.
Back in 2016 Bob wrote a book Pitch by Pitch which was his take on his performance of game one of the 1968 World Series. There was other items in the book and it was a good read. He signed it and the total cost was $16.00. Granted its not a card or photo but it is a book that I read and it has his autograph in it. You might say it is a cheaper version of graphing. I have about 20 books signed from Sports to WWII to Revolutionary War books which I study.

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.